Holistic Innovation is a different way of thinking. Some clients have described it as a ‘different way of knowing’. It is a process that has been used successfully by many high profile global companies and some of the top ranking world universities. They have used it as part of the learning for transforming business ideas into practical and profitable solutions. Within Shell Global Solutions, Dr Allan Samuel was one of the first to recognise its importance for business innovation, development and enhancement. John Rainford introduced this systematic visualisation process into Shell and together they both successfully implemented the process into a working model that would create teams that were more innovative. This led to new successful business models worldwide and a more robust innovation culture.
With all this expertise and experience available to you, do give us a call @ Us.
- Shell Global Solutions, Engineering & Analytical Technology Manager East. Set up consultancy team in Malaysia extended later to India with 200 engineers & technologists. Delivered high professional, commercial & safety performance -300M$ pa in added value & no safety incidents over 6 years.
- Successfully launched 30+ products & services for refinery, chemical, gas & E&P facilities.
- Drove the concept of remote monitoring & support into Shell’s operations, with 1500+ pieces of equipment on-line & ca 50 M$ in savings.
- Invented & delivered products for analysis, instrumentation, well technology & chemical control – 26 patent filings, 25+ presentations & publications & 7 performance chemical systems.
- As Business Development Manager for Shell Global Solutions supported growth of an engineering & technology team from 150 to 950 in 7 years.
- Led business transformation of Shell teams from internal R&D to successful commercial ventures.
Chartered Chemist; Fellow of the Royal Society of Chemistry; Member of the Society of Petroleum Engineers;
Allan Samuel Consulting can be found @ www.allansamuelconsulting.com
- Visiting Fellow at the University of Birmingham Business School introduced the first mandatory “Creativity for Competitive Advantage” course for all of the students on the main MBA programme.
- Led the business development teams (Ambitious Business Challenges) for the creativity and innovation workshops at the Royal Dutch Shell Technology Centres in Amsterdam and in Houston, Texas.
- Taught Creativity and Innovation at the London Business School as part of the Innovation Exchange programme for some of the worlds top companies including Boots PLC, Unilever and Radio Shack.
- Currently teaching Technology Entrepreneurship for Business students at Birmingham University and advising technology companies on future growth opportunities.
- Chairman of North American Scholarship Association, and on the executive of the Lunar Society responsible for innovation and global development. www.lunarsociety.org.uk
- Fellow – Institute for Sales and Marketing Management.
- Commendation: Royal Society of Arts – Visual Arts and Communications for “Enhanced Learning”.
- CEO of Strawberry Fields, strategic innovation and business development company working with small business to help them grow and blue chip companies for over 25 years. www.strawberryfields.com